Salam et bonjour,
Heh, finally I have appeared in the blogging world again. Yes, popping in and out all the time. The only time I could blog or having the 'food-porn moment' is before 0900 or after 1700. But, usually, after 1700, I would lost my internet life to my real life which I have been longing for. Settling down at my home. That reminds me that I haven’t touched my brushes. Even my tumblr haven’t been updated. This made me an urge to at least to write something. Just to motivate myself, somehow. Maybe from this day forward, I will add in some of my OWN personal opinions on life as well as some off entertainment+other stuff reviews in my blog. Well, it depends on my writing mood. :)
So after my last post, i have been busy,working. Harhar. It sound so funny to even type, yet to verbally say it. Kind of crazy. I have landed myself at the company that i interned, and got the job there as 'Octopus', *my term of saying multi-tasking*. At the at the same time,I gotten myself an official certificate of Fiber Optic and Mobile Communication, and i have my own NIOSH card *so that i can become a more efficient ninja*. When people asked me about working life, 'GOOD and the BEST I have experienced!' which is an honest opinion. But there were some questions that i think i would ignore if there is an ignore button; 'Have you started shopping for a car?', 'Is it a small company?' 'How much is the salary?' Those questions usually comes after 'Oh, how many years to go *to graduate*' and before 'Oh, have you gotten yourself a boyfriend?' or 'So, when's D-DAY?'. But, the ULTIMATE question i got from a disclosed name; 'Can i know your salary so that i can send my resume to the company?' This comes to a point that i said to him 'Dude, i don't even ask my boss how much he will pay me, and no, this company is not my uncles to know how much i will make as a n00b' *someone said that the place im working belongs to my uncle. =.=" which is not true * And that person stopped trolling EVER again. Maybe i'm just being ignorant to say that but, as far as i have observed from people's conversation, people don't tell their real salary to other people. It is kind of salary. I don't ask my friends nor my family how much they make. I remembered one of my closed friends stated 'with great amount of salary comes with greater amount of workloads' so from there, i understood pretty much. And the conversation ended there.
So, here are some of my opinion of WORK, my style of thinking: ~
1) Small tasks, big tasks, MEH!~
Like i said in the beginning, i'm the octopus. I am thankful that my elder sister taught me A LOT of things before. Guessing that the unfortunate events led to greater experiences & opportunities. Here i got to do different kinds of work and learn new things every single day. So my rule of thumb, i do not choose tasks, all tasks are important either small or big. Doesn't mean that if i have a degree in ID, all i need to do ID + graphical stuff, or Fiberoptic stuff. There are other smaller things like going to the bank and, dealing with taxes, preparing tenders and even buying food, even counts.*It's what you learn counts*
2) Don't underestimate the power of small company!
Yes, i'm working at a small company. People might think small companies are not famous, and MAYBE they're just doing nothing. In order to go big, one must start somewhere, right? I think working in a small company is FAR better since intimacy yet communication among staff is better. Not to mention,navigating work is easier, since everyone can do everything except for ACCOUNTING. Thus, small companies have the tendency of experimenting so that one can discover the company's potential. However, this company has gotten a good clean record that i salute that one time, i went to bid a place for some electrical work in town, when we introduced where we were from, people went 'Ooohhh' and i could hear some chatters when we were seated. From there i could see that the company has been known among the small community one of influential
3) $$$ is not always the real deal!
This comes back to the first one. Maybe i'm being skeptical to others since i don't really think about how much i make as long as i have some in my account. I am thankful enough for what the company has provided to me. A working space, with awesome-internet-to-be access, 8.30am-5.00pm, and after 5 of total relaxation of going 'nge-teh'(tea session) with friends & family,paying the bills or hiking at Pelindong, or cruise near the beach or just laze around at home reading books or finishing artwork. The ULTIMATE life that i think i long for when i was studying. However, for designers, we/they work around the clock and that explains the sketchbook in the bag. *I don't really understand the concept of mental-block* So, when i said i have the best time of my life, trust me. I am having fun, though some can't stand the fixed schedule. I think i can live with that for now.
Maybe, i take my life too easy that it sound ssooo surreal. Well, i chose that path to appreciate things around me & love what i want to do for the time being. Being trapped in the social perception has been a fear for me ever since i've been born. People expect you to study in primary,secondary school, then study like hell in uni, have a boyfriend afterwards look for work, then get married and have kids. That's the chain & pressure of life that most people i know stop having REAL fun. I got scared for not getting a job loonngg before and the only person jobless since most of my friends have started working right after graduating. Well, work = stability of life.Correct, no?
However, I'm one of those people trying to break the chain, living a life and not minding boyfriend-less. That's my own way of thinking. How about your perception of your current working life?
So, for now, i bid farewell.
:)
I'm intrigued by the new interface of Blogger. Super clean and friendly.
And, the music from my headphone transports me Kinokuniya kind-of-feel.
:)
And i am jealous of Cyberjaya residents for having a drive-thru Starbucks!!!
T_T"
P/S : Double face palm for misspelling Jackson Pollock.
A total humiliation.
Current mood : Counting some luck :)
Currently listening to : Somebody I Used To Know - The Glee Version -



2 comments:
Just my humble opinion but it's a much better bargain to be paid less BUT you get time for yourself. 8 to 5 working hours sounds positively heavenly to my ears atm, you have no idea, man.
I prefer a set routine, myself. Random: recently I read a post in which someone wrote something along the lines of, 'People should tell dem kids, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs worked hard' and oh, that hit a vein there. It was just excellent timing that I was (and still) not feeling all simpatico with my currrent working situation rn and that was like sprinkling gun powder on my already well-lit ire. Well, all my respects towards hardworking people, yadda yadda, and please note that I am by no means belittling Mr Gates and Jobs' blood, sweat and tears. But I do take umbrage that this person seemed to indirectly imply that working hard is TOTES everything in life~ True to an extent, perhaps. But When work starts to control your own life, what is the appeal in that? I don't care to be *that* person who toils so hard that I don't even have time for myself/ the things I care about. I'm sorry for ranting to you. You wrote about work, and this made me recall this irritating thing and I just HAD to vomit WORDS WORDS WORDS.
Because bitterness. I has it in spades.
Haannnaa!!!! If only i have the Star Trek's transporter to just hang out with you.
Yeah, u got that right about the Mr. Gates & Mr. Jobs part. I, myself do not want to be trapped in those group which eventually will be in the 'MID LIFE CRISIS' and burn out from working pretty badly 'coz I've seen much of people I know trapped in that stage. I guess, you should try and take it slowly though i know it's beyond the impossible to be slow. Well, at least try and take Sunday a break.
Oh, yeah, have you used your annual leaves? If you know what i mean :)
Post a Comment